Local and National
Renewable Energy Media
Get up to date with recent coverage on solar and renewable energies related media affecting South Africa and Africa alike.
- 3 steps towards 'glass boxing' your company with a Biz Press Office"In an age of radical transparency, your internal culture is your brand. Time to take action!" proclaims the headline from Trendwatching.com. Read more... | Send to a friend Read more »
- Kangnas Wind Farm celebrates lift of first turbineKangnas Wind Farm is celebrating the erection of the first of its 61 wind turbines and the completion of its final turbine foundation. Both of these milestones have been completed slightly ahead of schedule and within budget. "It's a remarkable process to watch. The lifting exercise is rather complicated, with… Read more »
- South Africa's carbon tax matters - for the economy and tackling climate changeSouth Africa’s agriculture and food production industries are exempt from the carbon tax - for now. Shutterstock</span>Carbon tax is likely to be an effective way of mitigating greenhouse gas emissions, which lead to climate change and have negative consequences for human life. But the carbon tax that's been introduced in… Read more »
- Vast subsidies keeping the fossil fuel industry afloat should be put to better useShutterstock</span>Capitalism has often been identified as the underlying cause of the climate crisis. A leading voice on the subject is Naomi Klein, one of the climate movements most influential thinkers, whose seminal book on climate change was subtitled Capitalism vs. the Climate. She is one of many voices identifying capitalism… Read more »
- World's largest single-site solar project begins commercial operationsAbu Dhabi's new solar plant project has recently started its commercial operations as scheduled at Sweihan in Abu Dhabi. The Noor Abu Dhabi Solar Plant was jointly developed by the Japan's Marubeni Corporation and Emirates Water and Electricity Company (EWEC). Read more... | Send to a friend Read more »
- India's energy challengeJohn Defterios</span>It is big, fast growing, with a young population and a middle class that is nearly as big as the entire US population. Those attributes all line up in the plus column for India, but on the other side of the ledger, this giant emerging market is dealing with… Read more »
- Evolving technology will change the face of miningJoe Keenan, CEO of BME</span>The modern world has seen services like electricity and motorised transport become available across all societies. That they are so ubiquitous is a sign of how successful we have been in mining and processing the minerals they require - such as copper, steel and hydrocarbon fuels.… Read more »
- Sawea calls for finalised Integrated Resource PlanPressure for the Integrated Resource Plan (IRP) to be released is mounting across all energy technologies, because a clear roadmap is essential to investor certainty, over a multi-decade time horizon. The document has not been updated since 2010. Read more... | Send to a friend Read more »
- Beyond the Grid Fund for Zambia wins 2019 Ashden AwardThe Sweden-funded Beyond the Grid Fund for Zambia (BGFZ) programme has won the 2019 Ashden Award in the category of Innovative Finance. Designed and implemented by REEEP, BGFZ has been recognised for its use of an innovative financing mechanism to kick-start a market for affordable off-grid energy services in Zambia.… Read more »
- Renewable energy, the key to sustainable agriculture in SA©Joerg Hackemann via [[www.123RF.com 123RF]]</span>In South Africa access to reliable and affordable power is becoming increasingly problematic, resulting in farmers switching to alternative power sources from renewable energy. Solar energy, as well as other renewable sources such as wind and hydro, enables farmers and agribusinesses to continue operating when there… Read more »
Powered by WordPress RSS Feed
Hello! This is the Gutenberg block you can edit directly from the WPBakery Page Builder.